Scholarships at PLC
PLC aims to nurture the overall development of each girl. Her progression towards becoming an independent, responsible citizen, equipped with skills for life, begins from the time she enters PLC, whatever her age. PLC accepts applications for scholarships for entry into Years 7 to 11 inclusive.
- Candidates are expected to be currently studying in the year prior to the entry level for which they are applying.
- Current PLC Year 6 girls are eligible to apply.
- Students currently attending PLC Senior School are not eligible to apply.
- No late applications will be accepted.
Registrations for 2023 entry have now closed.
Scholarships for 2023 entry are being held at PLC on Saturday 19 February 2022 at 9am.
It is important that you complete two steps. First, you must complete a registration form on the ACER website by following 'Click here to apply' above. Upon successful completion of this form, you will receive an email regarding the next steps. This email will include a link to submit secondary information and upload supporting documents (these must be submitted electronically; we cannot accept hard copies). It is important that you complete both steps.
Please have the following documents ready to upload:
- Photo of your daughter
- Birth certificate
- Two most recent school reports and NAPLAN (if applicable)
- 30sec video of your daughter introducing herself and her interests
- Candidates for a Music Scholarship must provide exam results
- Candidates for a Means Tested Scholarship (open to all) must provide three years of tax returns
Please check carefully before submitting your registration to sit for a scholarship as schools may hold their examination on the same day. In this case, to be eligible for a scholarship to PLC Melbourne, the candidate must register and sit the scholarship examination at PLC. Country and overseas candidates may elect to sit the examination at an alternative venue.
Applications have closed. No late applications will be accepted.
A fee of $120 for each candidate covers entry for one or more of the scholarships available.
To sit the examination at a country testing centre or overseas venue, there will be additional charges incurred. Please visit the ACER website for further details.
Once results are received from ACER, interviews may be arranged at very short notice. Scholarship offers will be typically made within 6 weeks.
Individual scholarship results will be sent to parents directly from ACER by the end of April. PLC is unable to provide feedback on music auditions.
PLEASE NOTE: All decisions relating to scholarships to the College are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Scholarship results and offers are strictly confidential and must not be shared or discussed beyond your immediate family.