"A career at PLC opens the opportunity for staff to enjoy a picturesque, easy to access, one-site location; a warm, positive Christian community; thriving teams who value collaboration, learning and growth; and access to premier facilities, resources and professional development opportunities to empower and support their ongoing wellbeing and success."
As one of Australia's leading independent girls' schools, Presbyterian Ladies' College (PLC) Melbourne is a place where students love to learn, and where staff are valued, recognised, challenged and supported.
When you join PLC, you become part of a passionate, highly skilled and committed team of professionals, and a community that fosters professional development and personal growth.
Click here to apply to become part of our wonderful team as we work together to create the best learning environment for our girls to thrive.
If you do not see a suitable vacancy, you are welcome to submit an Expression of Interest
With a heritage of almost 150 years, PLC is an ELC to Year 12 Christian independent school for girls offering both the VCE and International Baccalaureate. PLC has an outstanding academic tradition, an international focus and strong pastoral and co-curricular programs focusing on encouraging leadership, service and life-long personal development and learning.
PLC has over 330 permanent teaching and non-teaching staff. The student population comprises over 1000 students in the Senior School, over 500 in the Junior School and 160 in the Early Learning Centre.
Our vision is to form empowered women of character who change the world for good. With our vision in mind, our mission is to deliver an outstanding education within a Christian context that prioritises care, promotes holistic development and growth, personalises learning, provides enriching opportunities, perpetuates principled living and a service ethic and prepares students for their future as scholars, thinkers, citizens, advocates and leaders.
To find out more about the College's current and future planning, please refer to our Strategic Plan page.
- A place where students love to learn and grow
- Friendly, respectful relationships between staff and students
- Collegial, supportive staff
- Beautiful school grounds
- Free onsite parking
- A choice of Macintosh or Windows laptop whilst employed at the College
- Professional development workshops and seminars
- Annual research scholarships for teaching staff
- Access to the College's Learning Research Centre (for borrowing books / DVDs / magazines)
- IT support provided by ICT Learning and Teaching Facilitators
- Daily access to the College deli to order lunch (hot / cold lunches and snacks)
- Salary packaging and novated leases available through preferred suppliers
- Voluntary superannuation and option to nominate personal superannuation fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) counselling service
- Staff Association membership (includes invitations to social occasions)
- Free influenza vaccinations
PLC's Child Safety Commitment
The wellbeing and safety of all students who attend PLC is our first priority and we have zero tolerance to child abuse. Please refer to PLC's Child Safety Commitment page for further details.
PLC collects information in accordance with the College's Privacy Collection Notice