The Role of Council
The Council is responsible for providing a sustainable future for PLC by adopting sound, ethical and legal governance and financial management. It appoints the Principal who is responsible to the Council for the day-to-day management of the College. Working with the Principal, the Council also ensures that PLC develops and implements strategies, policies, processes and risk assessments to fulfil the objectives set out in the Constitution, and to comply with regulatory and government requirements.
If you have any questions about PLC’s governance, please email the Chair of Council, Rev Mark Chew: email@example.com.
As a Christian Independent girls’ school, Presbyterian Ladies’ College aims to provide breadth, strength, balance and quality of education in both the national and international context for the purpose of encouraging leadership, service and life-long personal development and learning.
‘Lex dei vitae lampas’ – The law of God is the lamp of life.
PLC’s Commitment to Democratic Principles
PLC is committed to the principles of a liberal democracy.
The Structure of Council
According to the Constitution, PLC Council has seventeen voluntary members appointed in the following
- Group A: five members are appointed by the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church of Victoria
- Group B: five members are nominated by the Group B Selection Committee whose members represent the Old Collegians Association and the Parents Association. The nominees are then automatically appointed by the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church of Victoria
- Group C: seven members are nominated by the College Council, and approved and appointed by the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church of Victoria
Sub-committees of Council
Currently there are five sub-committees:
- Governance and Leadership
- Executive and Strategy
- Finance, Risk, Audit and Compliance
- Property and Planning
- Remuneration Committee
Members of Council
Minister of Religion, Current Parent
Commercial Team Leader, Old Collegian
Lawyer, Current Parent, Old Collegian
Accountant, Past Parent
Mrs Andrea Choi
Chief Data Officer, Old Collegian
Sustainability Consultant, Director, Past Parent
Lawyer and mentor, Current Parent, Old Collegian, Past Boarder
Mr Ian Gould
B.Econ, GradDipInvFin, DipDiv.
Medical Administration, Graphic Designer, Current Parent
Minister of Religion, Past Parent
LLM, LLB (Hons), BCom
Lawyer, Current and Past Parent
MBBS, LLB(Hons), MBA, MHSM, PhD, FAICD, FRACMA
Doctor, Lawyer, Executive, Academic and Current Parent
Dr Deborah Seifert AM
BSc(Hons) DipEd MEdSt DEd
Education Leadership, Old Collegian, Past Staff Member
BBus(Acc) CPA MBA
Finance Manager, Past Parent
CEO, Researcher and Current Parent
Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, Past Parent
Ex Officio (non-voting)
B.Comm(Acc), B.Comp, MBA, CA, MAICD