The Role of Council
The Council is responsible for providing a sustainable future for PLC by adopting sound, ethical and legal governance and financial management. It appoints the Principal who is responsible to the Council for the day-to-day management of the College. Working with the Principal, the Council also ensures that PLC develops and implements strategies, policies, processes and risk assessments to fulfil the objectives set out in the Constitution, and to comply with regulatory and government requirements.
If you have any questions about PLC’s governance, please email the Chair of Council, Rev Mark Chew: email@example.com.
As a Christian Independent girls’ school, Presbyterian Ladies’ College aims to provide breadth, strength, balance and quality of education in both the national and international context for the purpose of encouraging leadership, service and life-long personal development and learning.
‘Lex dei vitae lampas’ – The law of God is the lamp of life.
PLC’s Commitment to Democratic Principles
PLC is committed to the principles of a liberal democracy.
The Structure of Council
According to the Constitution, PLC Council has seventeen voluntary members appointed in the following
- Group A: five members are appointed by the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church of Victoria
- Group B: five members are nominated by the Group B Selection Committee whose members represent the Old Collegians Association and the Parents Association. The nominees are then automatically appointed by the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church of Victoria
- Group C: seven members are nominated by the College Council, and approved and appointed by the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church of Victoria
Group C Member Vacancy
Sub-committees of Council
Currently there are six sub-committees:
- Governance and Leadership
- Executive and Strategy
- Finance, Risk, Audit and Compliance
- Property and Planning
- Group B Selection Committee
- Remuneration Committee
Members of Council
Chair of Council
Minister of Religion, Current Parent
Deputy Chair of Council
BSc(Hons) BEd DipEd MAICD
Retired PLC Teacher and Director of ICT, Honorary Old Collegian
Retired IT Professional, Life Coach, Past Parent
Accountant, Past Parent
Sustainability Consultant, Director, Past Parent
Lawyer and mentor, Current Parent, Old Collegian, Past Boarder
Actuary, Past Parent, Old Collegian
Minister of Religion, Past Parent
Senior Lecturer, Old Collegian
Orthodontist, Past Parent, President of PLC Foundation
Consulting Engineer – Transport
Commercial Manager, Old Collegian
General Manager, Current Parent, Director of PLC Foundation, Old Collegian
Teacher, Current Parent, Old Collegian
Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, Past Parent