Rowing Coordinator/ Physical Education and Health Teacher - Closes 6 March
The Rowing Coordinator will work closely with the Head Rowing Coach and will be accountable to the Director of Sport and the Deputy Principal (Staff) and ultimately to the Principal.
The successful candidate would be required to:
- Teach Health and Physical Education to girls in Years 7 to 10 and Physical Recreation classes to Year 11 and 12 students.
- Responsible for coordinating the PLC Rowing Program.
- All members of the Health, Physical Education and Sport Department are expected to fully support the day to day operations of the department and to be involved in and contribute to the House sport program.
- Be an excellent teacher of Physical Education, Health and Sport
- Knowledge and experience in rowing would be an advantage
- Has a passion for rowing and the ability to motivate others
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of current teaching and learning approaches in relation to Physical Education and Health
- Create a learning environment that fosters trust and respect, and encourages each student to engage in the learning process
- Demonstrate an ability to work and plan cooperatively with staff
- Be able to enthuse and motivate others
- Be competent in applying information technology to administration and to facilitate learning
- Support and be engaged with the wider College community activities
- Ensure that documentation is in accordance with College requirements
- Ensure personal and professional development is ongoing and abreast of curriculum initiatives in Physical Education and Health
- Have current VIT registration
- Be AUSTSWIM qualified
Download the complete job description here: Rowing Coordinator/ Physical Education and Health Teacher
How To Apply
Download and complete the application form Application for Employment, and attach your covering letter and CV, including references (optional), copies of university transcripts and the names and telephone numbers of three confidential referees, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.