Gifted and Talented Education Coordinator Years 7 - 12
Presbyterian Ladies' College Melbourne is a leading ELC-Year 12 Christian independent school for girls offering both the VCE and International Baccalaureate.
PLC has an outstanding academic tradition, an international focus and strong pastoral and co-curricular programs focusing on encouraging leadership, service and life-long personal development and learning.
We are seeking an experienced, innovative and passionate educator for the position of Gifted and Talented Education Coordinator, commencing Term 1 2022. This is a full-time, 5-year fixed term appointment with an option for review and reappointment.
The successful applicant will:
- support highly able students to maximise their educational opportunities
- work with and support students with learning needs and students with English as a Second Language or dialect
- facilitate student involvement in programs targeting highly able students, supporting academic departments with differentiating the curriculum, and communicating with parents about the opportunities for highly able students.
- keep abreast of State, National and International initiatives in dealing with highly able students, through ongoing personal and professional development
The position will appeal to a contemporary and forward-thinking educator who thrives working in a high performing school culture. You will be an advocate for all students and highly skilled in the assessment and identification of students at both ends of the spectrum, those with learning needs and those who are highly able.
A Masters of Gifted Education and/or equivalent qualification and experience in supporting highly able students, is essential.
All staff must commit to a culture that supports and embraces Child Safe Standards. The successful candidate will be required to hold and maintain a valid Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) registration.
Download the complete job description here: Gifted and Talented Education Coordinator
How To Apply
- Download and complete the application form Application for Employment from the PLC website.
- Prepare a comprehensive letter outlining your suitability for the role, as well as your resume and university transcripts.
- Email all of these documents to the Principal at email@example.com
- Applications close 5pm, 15 October 2021