As one of Australia's leading independent girls' schools, Presbyterian Ladies' College (PLC) Melbourne is a place where students love to learn, and where staff are valued, recognised, challenged and supported.
When you join PLC, you become part of a passionate, highly skilled and committed team of professionals, and a community that fosters professional development and personal growth.
Click here to apply to become part of our wonderful team as we work together to create the best learning environment for our girls to thrive.
If you do not see a suitable vacancy, you are welcome to submit an Expression of Interest
With a heritage of almost 150 years, PLC is an ELC to Year 12 Christian independent school for girls offering both the VCE and International Baccalaureate. PLC has an outstanding academic tradition, an international focus and strong pastoral and co-curricular programs focusing on encouraging leadership, service and life-long personal development and learning.
PLC has over 330 permanent teaching and non-teaching staff. The student population comprises 990 in the Senior School, 500 in the Junior School and 180 children in the Early Learning Centre.
PLC’s Mission and Christian Ethos are the foundation of its culture. Our culture underpins the shared values which shape the common life of our community and the behaviour of those who belong to it. We work within a culture of learning, character building, service to others and respect for all people as we strive to build a caring community that nurtures our students to embrace their futures with confidence and compassion.
The four shared values of our culture which guide the College in its mission and ethos are:
To find out more about the College's current and future planning, please refer to our Strategic Plan
- A place where students love to learn and grow
- Friendly, respectful relationships between staff and students
- Collegial, supportive staff
- Beautiful school grounds
- Free onsite parking
- A choice of Macintosh or Windows laptop whilst employed at the College
- Professional development workshops and seminars
- Annual research scholarships for teaching staff
- Access to the College's Learning Research Centre (for borrowing books / DVDs / magazines)
- IT support provided by ICT Learning and Teaching Facilitators
- Daily access to the College deli to order lunch (hot / cold lunches and snacks)
- Salary packaging and novated leases available through preferred suppliers
- Voluntary superannuation and option to nominate personal superannuation fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) counselling service
- Staff Association membership (includes invitations to social occasions)
- Free influenza vaccinations
PLC's Child Safety Commitment
The wellbeing and safety of all students who attend PLC is our first priority and we have zero tolerance to child abuse. Please refer to PLC's Child Safety Commitment page for further details.
PLC collects information in accordance with the College's Privacy Collection Notice