Strong Foundations — Amazing Futures
Scholarships are available for entry into Years 7 to 11
The scholarship examination for 2021 will open in late December and close in early February 2020.
The examination will be held in February 2020.
- Candidates are expected to be currently studying in the year prior to the entry level for which they are applying.
- Current PLC Year 6 girls are eligible to apply.
- Students currently attending PLC Senior School are not eligible to apply.
While ACER scholarship results and school reports/testimonials are all important in the award of Academic and General Excellence scholarships, where other factors are equal the family's financial position may be considered.
- Parents therefore should supply income information if it might be to their advantage.
- Financial information is essential for the Alexander Wright Wales Scholarship, The Helen Hailes Memorial Scholarship and the Joan Montgomery Scholarship which are awarded by Trustees outside the College. This information will be treated with strict confidentiality and eventually shredded.
- Evidence of co-curricular involvement, leadership, sporting activities, membership of clubs may all be taken into account. In some cases, an interview may be included.
Registration is now closed.
A fee of $120 for each candidate covers entry for one or more of the scholarships available. ACER adds a $100 surcharge for students who sit the examination at a country centre. The fee for sitting the examination overseas is $350.
Once results are received from ACER, interviews may be arranged during March and April 2019 at very short notice. Scholarship offers will be made and acceptances required within THREE days.
Individual scholarship results will be available to parents online by the end of April 2019. PLC is unable to provide feedback on music auditions.
PLEASE NOTE: All decisions relating to scholarships to the College are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Scholarship results and offers are strictly confidential and must not be shared or discussed beyond your immediate family.
All scholarship applicants and their families are strongly advised to attend a School Tour prior to sitting the exam to assist in deciding on the right school for their daughter.
Click here to view the full list of School Tours.