Scholarship Registration for 2022 is Now Open.
Testing at PLC will be held at 8.30am on Saturday February 20, 2021. Please enter via Parer St Gate.
Applications close February 5, 2021.
- Candidates are expected to be currently studying in the year prior to the entry level for which they are applying.
- Current PLC Year 6 girls are eligible to apply.
- Students currently attending PLC Senior School are not eligible to apply.
While ACER scholarship results and school reports/testimonials are all important in the award of Academic and General Excellence scholarships, where other factors are equal the family's financial position may be considered.
- Parents therefore should supply income information if it might be to their advantage.
- Financial information is essential for the Helen Hailes Memorial Scholarship and the Joan Montgomery Scholarship (which is currently held and not available for 2022 entry) which are awarded by Trustees outside the College. This information will be treated with strict confidentiality and eventually shredded.
- Evidence of co-curricular involvement, leadership, sporting activities, membership of clubs may all be taken into account. In some cases, an interview may be included.
A fee of $120 for each candidate covers entry for one or more of the scholarships available. ACER adds a $100 surcharge for students who sit the examination at a country centre. The fee for sitting the examination overseas is $350.
Once results are received from ACER, interviews may be arranged during March and April 2021 at very short notice. Scholarship offers will be made and acceptances required within THREE days.
Individual scholarship results will be available to parents online by the end of April 2021. PLC is unable to provide feedback on music auditions.
PLEASE NOTE: All decisions relating to scholarships to the College are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Scholarship results and offers are strictly confidential and must not be shared or discussed beyond your immediate family.