PLC offers a safe and supportive community for students studying in Melbourne, Australia, with a proud history of welcoming girls from many different countries and cultures around the world.

Located on a single campus, PLC is set in spacious, beautifully landscaped grounds.  

The school has state-of-the-art facilities, including a stunning Learning Resource Centre, a professionally staffed indoor swimming and diving pool complex, and a magnificent Performing Arts Centre, opened in 2017.

As a medium sized school, PLC offers a vast range of outstanding educational, musical, performance, sporting and co-curricular opportunities.

International students may live on the school campus, in an architect-designed modern Boarding House, with caring residential supervisors who oversee their welfare.  

Alternatively, international students may live off-campus with a close direct adult relative.

International students are supported and guided, ensuring they establish good study habits, maximising their potential.


Why study in Melbourne?

Ranked as one of the world’s most liveable cities, Melbourne is the home, workplace and sporting centre of one of the world's most harmonious and culturally diverse countries. It is a leading education destination for international students. 

The city has a safe urban environment, with good public transport, great weather, world-class universities and an international airport allowing access to major world centres.

Melburnians love the city's vibrant energy, restaurants, fashion boutiques, café-filled laneways, unbeatable galleries, spacious parks and village-like inner suburbs, each with its own special character. 

What is the difference between an overseas student and an international student?

An Overseas Student is a student who has been studying overseas but has an Australian passport, visa or Citizenship, allowing them to study in Australia.  

An International Student is a student who does not have an Australian passport or visa. They will be issued with a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) after enrolment and will need to lodge a visa application online with the Department of Home Affairs.


Applicants need to complete the online Application for Enrolment and provide the $150 AUD application fee, a copy of their birth certificate, passport and most recent school report.

Students who have been studying in a school outside Australia, are required to undertake an interview and assessment with either i.DAT ( or AEAS ( 

There are no deadlines for applying, but we recommend submitting an application as soon as possible, as we are not always able to accommodate late enrolment requests.


These assist us to determine whether intensive English (ELICOS) is required prior to commencement.

If ELICOS is required, this will be detailed in the place offer and a list of recommended English language centres will be provided.

Assessments are valid for up to 12 months and should be taken January - March of the year prior to entry. 

Although there is no pass score for the assessments, we do prefer that students are in the upper-intermediate level. 

What is ELICOS?

ELICOS (English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students) is designed to teach the English language skills required for an Australian school.  

When a student has been taught in a non-English speaking school, it is likely they will require ELICOS prior to commencement at PLC.

Which English language centres do you recommend?

For students also requiring boarding, we recommend Avalon College.  Otherwise, we suggest Hawthorn Language Centre, Melbourne Language Centre and SACE English Language Centre.

Can my daughter apply for Year 12 entry?

Adjustment to a new school, a new country and a new way of life, as well as making new friends, takes considerable time and effort.  

Our last entry point is at the beginning of Year 11, but we prefer that students join by Year 10.

While a small number of students do enter at Year 11, experience shows that those who commence earlier benefit enormously, both academically and socially.  This extra time is valuable in consolidating and strengthening study skills in the Australian system before girls commence the two-year VCE or IB courses.  

Also, subject choice for Year 11 is made by mid-Year 10 level and students already in the school have the advantage of having developed a good understanding of the subjects available to them.  Some Year 10 students choose to study a Year 11 subject, making their workload in Year 11 or 12 slightly lighter.  

My older daughter is already at PLC, so will there be a discount for her younger sister?

Yes.  PLC offers a 10% sibling discount on the basic annual tuition fee to a student while her older sister is enrolled at the College.  This discount is not offered to a family in conjunction with any other fee concession.

Do I need to arrange OSHC for my daughter?

Yes. All International Students must have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the full length of their student visa.  

OSHC must be valid for the whole time a student is in Australia.  OSHC providers include Allianz Global Assistance, BUPA Australia, NIB, Medibank Private and Australian Health Management.  A copy of the Policy Certificate is required before a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) is issued.

Overseas or local students need to arrange their own medical insurance cover with Medicare. Private health insurance (to cover hospital and the other expenses which Medicare does not cover), might also be considered. 

Can my daughter live with a family friend while she is studying at PLC?

No.  All students must either live with a close direct adult relative (in Melbourne) or in the PLC Boarding House. The close direct adult relative must speak English, be at least 21 years of age and remain in Melbourne while the student is at PLC.

My daughter will live in the Boarding House. Will she need to bring her own bedding?

Sheets, pillows, pillow slips, towels and woollen blankets are supplied and laundered by the Boarding House.  Students do need to provide their own doona (quilt) and doona cover.  

Can my daughter leave the Boarding House early to catch a flight home?

No. All students must remain until the end of term.  Holidays or flights home must be arranged well in advance to make sure that the student will not miss any classes.  Depending on flight times, this may mean flying home the day after school finishes.

ESOS Legislative Framework

This is the legislation which governs international students’ enrolment in Australia - ESOS information.


International student fees are due each October for the following year, except for the first year, when an invoice for tuition fees will be issued on enrolment. 

On receipt of fees and OSHC proof, a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) will be issued. A Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare letter (CAAW) will also be issued with the CoE for all boarding students.

Overseas agents

All enquiries and applications should in the first instance be forwarded directly to Carol Wadsworth, Deputy Director of Admissions at:

PLC works with various overseas associates to facilitate (although not guarantee) a place at PLC, with an emphasis on Boarding.

AEC Education Consultancy

1402 Causeway Bay Plaza 1, 489 Hennessy Road, Causeway Bay
Tel: + 852 2598 6166 or + 852 2593 9984 (Direct)
Fax: + 852 2598 6390

AUG Global Network

Offices in Australia, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Philippines, China and Hong Kong

CETA Worldwide Education

16th Floor GMM Grammy Place B5, Sikhumvit 21 (Asoke Rd), North Klongtoey, Wattana, Bangkok 10110 Thailand
Tel: (662) 6658100
Fax: (662) 6658105

E T Education Services Sdn Bhd

Suite 1003, Blck E, Phileo Damansara 1, No 9, Jalan 16/11, 46350, Petaling Jaya, Selangor, MALAYSIA
Tel: (603) 7932 4788
Fax: (603) 7932 4988

Overseas Academic Link

101 Cecil Street, #18-02Tong Eng Building, SINGAPORE 069533
Tel: (65) 62244775
Fax: (65) 62244887

GZL International Consultants Co.Ltd

13/F Tower B, Sinopec Building
191, Tiyu Rd West, Tianhe District
Tel : + 8620 3268-9133
  Or  + 8620 3268 9078
Fax: + 8620 3268 9188

Hwait International Education

Nelson Ni
Suite 3013, Level 30, No.580, Nanjing Road(West), Shanghai, P.R. China 200041
Tel: +86 21 6044 5560 (China) | +61 (0)8 70706558 (AU)
Mobile: +86 136 2168 2816 | QQ: 1017804652 | WeChat:N20070224 
Email: | Skype: nelson_nf