Viola Teacher - Closes 23 April
- Join a high performing team
- Fixed term contract to 3 December 2021
- Teach one day per week
Presbyterian Ladies' College (PLC) Melbourne is a leading ELC-Year 12 Christian independent school for girls offering both the VCE and International Baccalaureate. PLC has an outstanding academic tradition, an international focus and strong pastoral and co-curricular programs focusing on encouraging leadership, service and life-long personal development and learning.
PLC has an exciting opening for an experienced Viola Teacher, to join our school to teach students one day per week from 31 May
Commencing the week of 31 May and concluding Friday 3 December 2021, the position will be required for one day per week during school term time only.
The role includes the following responsibilities:
- Teaching individual classes from beginner to VCE the Senior School
- Take part in the Co-curricular Music Program of the College
- Maintaining accurate records of student progress and attendance
- Leading String ensembles and chamber groups from beginner to advanced
- The application of pedagogical principles of both general music education, string playing and teaching
The successful applicant will bring the following skills and experience with them:
- A Graduate or Postgraduate study of music or equivalent teaching and performing experience
- Significant experience as a dynamic music educator with a proven record of excellence in both teaching and performing
- Have the ability to lead String ensembles and chamber groups from beginner to advanced.
- The ability to teach individual classes and contribute to larger musical settings
- Demonstrate a high level of performance on the Viola as well as a thorough understanding of the pedagogical principles of both general music education and more specifically, Viola playing and teaching.
Current VIT registration or a current Working With Children Check for Employees is required.
All staff must commit to a culture that supports and embraces Child Safe Standards.
This is a replacement position.
Casual– 2 days a week. Beginner to VCE / IB Diploma level
Commencing Monday 11 May – Friday 27 November 2020 (to be confirmed)
How To Apply
- Download and complete the application form ‘Application for Employment - Academic Staff’ from the PLC website.
- Prepare a comprehensive letter outlining your suitability for the role, as well as your resume and university transcripts.
- Email all of these documents to the Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, 23 April.