Strong Foundations — Amazing Futures
Publications Editor - Closes 31 May
Presbyterian Ladies’ College is seeking to appoint an experienced Publications Editor to work closely with the Publications Team to commence Term 3, 2019.
The Publications Editor will have a key role in promoting the College. They will be responsible for our triannual community magazine PLC in Print, and they will coordinate the publication of the Prospectus and the accompanying annual Ancillary Booklet.
The Publications Editor will proof-read many College publications, including (but not limited to) our fortnightly parent-facing newsletter, our student-designed school magazine Patchwork, our Annual Reports, a range of Handbooks and other published material as requested by the College Executive.
The Publications Editor will work closely with other members of our small publications team who offer existing expertise as Graphic Designers. The Publications Editor will be the line manager for the team and will coordinate and support all requirements for the smooth functioning of the team and its objectives.
The Publications editor will also be ‘hands on’ and will need to have industry skills and knowledge and have a team centred approach.
The goal of the role is to further enhance PLC’s reputation by providing informative, inspirational, engaging material, which accurately reflects the extraordinary achievements of the girls in our care, and where relevant, of our Old Collegians.
- demonstrated experience as an editor, writer and proof-reader
- a tertiary qualification in English, Communication or Journalism an advantage
- exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- excellent computer skills
- strong organisational skills and follow-up of tasks
- ability to work methodically and consistently
- ability to manage multiple tasks/projects at once and meet deadlines
- professional, collaborative team-work approach
- a continuous improvement mindset
Download the complete job description here: Publications Editor
How To Apply
Download and complete the application form Application for Employment, and attach your covering letter and CV, including references (optional), copies of university transcripts and the names and telephone numbers of three confidential referees, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org