Laboratory Technician (Biology) - Closes 6 March
We are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced candidate for a long service replacement position for approximately five hours per day, three days per week, for five weeks. There is some flexibility with the days offered, however preferred hours and days are: Tuesday 11:00am-4:00pm, Thursday 9:30am-2:30pm and Friday 9:30am-2:30pm.
The Biology Technician works in partnership with biology teaching staff in providing effective learning outcomes for students of biology. The position requires effective communication skills and the ability to relate to both students and staff. Laboratory technicians must have the capacity to be self-directed and work independently with excellent time management skills and the capacity to prioritise demands.
Under direction of the Head of Science, in conjunction with the Head of Biology, the Biology Technician provides technical support to the department and will have appropriate qualifications and experience within an educational setting.
- timely preparation and provision of chemicals, equipment and other materials used for practical work
- assisting with demonstrations when required
- ensuring a safe and orderly working environment, including clearing away chemicals, equipment and all materials after each lesson
- purchasing materials required for practical lessons
- maintaining all safety documentation including risk assessments for preparation of chemicals for classes, in accordance with current regulations
- ensuring all Australian Safety Standards and Dangerous Goods regulations are met with respect to the storage and handling of chemicals
- maintaining the biology laboratories, prep room and liaising with the Maintenance department when required
- maintaining ICT hardware including laptop trolleys, data projectors and document cameras, and liaising with the AV department when required
- maintaining the biology glass display cabinet
- overseeing the security of the department including the locking of all biology laboratories and prep room at morning tea, lunch time and after school
Download the complete job description here: Laboratory Technician (Biology)
How To Apply
Download and complete the application form Application for Employment, and attach your covering letter and CV, including references (optional), copies of university transcripts and the names and telephone numbers of three confidential referees, and email to email@example.com