Lab Technician (Biology)
PLC is a leading ELC to Year 12 Christian independent day and boarding school with a focus on the development of the whole person that includes an outstanding academic tradition, an international outlook and strong pastoral and co-curricular programs.
The College is seeking to appoint an experienced, engaging and knowledgeable Laboratory Technician (Biology) for a part-time, ongoing position, working term time only. Commencing Term 1, 2022, working 4 days a week, Tuesday to Friday, 3 full days and 1 half day.
The Lab Technician works in partnership with Biology teaching staff in providing effective learning outcomes for students of Biology.
Under direction of the Head of Science and in conjunction with the Head of Biology, the Lab Technician will be responsible for:
- timely preparation and provision of chemicals, equipment and other materials used for practical work
- assisting with demonstrations and class experiments and purchasing materials required for practical lessons
- completing a regular audit of equipment and liaising with the Head of Department with respect to purchasing and replacement of equipment and materials
- ensuring a safe and orderly working environment, maintaining all safety documentation including risk assessments for preparation of chemicals for classes, and ensuring all Australian Safety Standards and Dangerous Goods regulations are met
You will be an experienced Laboratory Technician with a passion for and expertise in biology. You will thrive in a role that enables you to work independently and be self-directed, supported by a highly collegiate team. Excellent time management skills and the capacity to prioritise demands will be critical to success in the role. A minimum qualification of Diploma of Applied Science (or equivalent) and relevant experience/training is essential.
All staff must commit to a culture that supports and embraces Child Safe Standards. The successful candidate will be required to hold and maintain a valid WWCC and national police check.
Download the complete job description here: Lab Technician (Biology)
How To Apply
- Download and complete the application form Application for Employment from the PLC website.
- Prepare a comprehensive letter outlining your suitability for the role, as well as your resume and university transcripts
- Email all of these documents to the Principal at email@example.com
- Applications close 5pm Tuesday 28th September 2021