Strong Foundations — Amazing Futures
Junior School French Teacher - Closes 28 August
We invite applications from creative, enthusiastic and experienced Junior School French Teachers with energy and vision, for this fixed-term position for the 2020 school year.
All applicants must be prepared to participate in the co-curricular and outdoor education programs
of the College.
The successful applicant will teach at all levels in the Junior School from Preparatory to Year 6. They will be responsible for developing a high quality Primary French curriculum and for promoting and nurturing the learning of the French language in their teaching. The successful applicant should be an excellent classroom practitioner/ teacher candidate whose teaching is informed by contemporary educational research. They will be committed to their own learning and professional development. Passionate about their field, they will demonstrate the ability to build a culture of success in and enjoyment of French by students and ensure high standards of teaching and learning in this subject.
- be a qualified French Teacher with VIT Teacher Registration
- be a native or near-native speaker of French (please note, candidates may be asked to complete a language proficiency test and part of the interview will be conducted in French).
- have relevant teaching experience and abilities
- create a learning environment that fosters trust and respect, encouraging each girl to engage in the learning process and cater for a range of abilities and learning styles
- ensure personal and professional development is ongoing and keep abreast of curriculum initiatives in French primary education
- possess a genuine commitment to their own learning
- have the ability to form positive working relationships with adults and children
- have strong organisational, interpersonal and ICT skills
- be a proactive person with initiative and drive
- have a passion for and commitment to the ideals of learning within an independent school for girls
- be committed to the integrity and Christian ethos of the College
Download the complete job description here: Junior School French Teacher
How To Apply
Download and complete the application form Application for Employment, and attach your covering letter and CV, including references (optional), copies of university transcripts and the names and telephone numbers of three confidential referees, and email to email@example.com or post.