Junior School Classroom Teacher Prep to Year 6 (fixed term) - Closes 20 August 2018
The successful applicant will be a dynamic educator and an outstanding classroom teacher who is committed to our school’s mission of educating the whole person for the whole of life.
The appointee will demonstrate the ability to thoughtfully implement high quality programs, and to work cooperatively with other staff, with a focus on high quality teaching and continuous improvement of our curriculum and student learning experiences.
Their pedagogy and practice will be informed by contemporary teaching approaches, teaching for understanding and the use of relevant technologies. We seek a reflective practitioner who is committed to their own learning and the learning of others. They will possess the ability to form positive relationships both withstudents at the primary level and an ability to contribute to a productive team of teachers.
- be willing and able to teach in any area of the Junior School, Prep – Year 6
- have proven experience as a Primary educator able to cater for a range of abilities and learning styles
- demonstrate the ability to work and plan co-operatively with staff
- have a knowledge of WRAP (formerly Spalding) or be willing to undertake training
- create a learning environment that fosters trust and respect and encourages each girl to engage in the learning process
- ensure personal and professional development is ongoing and abreast of curriculum initiatives in Primary education
- attend camps, concerts, excursions and other extra-curricular activities that their class is involved in
- use Information and Communication Technology competently
- have current Victorian Institute of Teaching registration
- contribute to the co-curricular and extra-curricular life of the College
- actively support the Christian teachings and ethos of the College
Download the complete job description here: Junior School Classroom Teacher Prep to Year 6 (fixed term)
How To Apply
Download and complete the application form Application for Employment, and attach your covering letter and CV, including references (optional), copies of university transcripts and the names and telephone numbers of three confidential referees, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post.