Junior School Art Teacher - Closes 28 January 2019
The successful applicant will be a dynamic educator and an outstanding classroom teacher who is committed to our school’s mission of educating the whole person for the whole of life.
The appointee will demonstrate the ability to thoughtfully implement high quality programs, and to work cooperatively with other staff, with a focus on high quality teaching and continuous improvement of our curriculum and student learning experiences.
Their pedagogy and practice will be informed by contemporary teaching approaches, teaching for understanding and the use of relevant technologies. We seek a reflective practitioner who is committed to their own learning and the learning of others. They will possess the ability to form positive relationships both withstudents at the primary level and an ability to contribute to a productive team of teachers.
- Delivering an excellent Art curriculum from Prep to Year 6 through exemplary teaching practice
- Oversight of the Art resources and budget
- Coordinating the Junior School Art Department, developing a cooperative team of staff, promoting a stimulating and vibrant learning climate and developing and maintaining harmonious relationships
- Coordinating agreed processes for planning for learning and the implementation of best practice programs in collaboration with the Head of Curriculum and Pedagogy
- Creating a welcoming climate within the Art Department amongst the students, parents and staff
- Implementing agreed processes for student care and wellbeing in collaboration with the Head of Student Care and Wellbeing
- Undertaking ongoing professional development to extend expertise in the Art Department in collaboration with the Head of Staff Development
- Setting plans in place to achieve set College and Junior School goals within the Art Department for teaching and learning
- Overseeing the review of Semester Report templates for the Art Department in collaboration with Head of Curriculum and Pedagogy and ICT Coordinator
- Developing productive relationships with students, staff and parents
- Organising for regular displays of student art work around the school
- Organising the Junior School Art Show biannually
- Liaising with the Head of Art for the biannual College Art Show and overseeing the displays for Junior School artworks
- Raising any issues of concern regarding staff with the Deputy Principal, Primary Education ELC to Year 6 in a confidential manner
- Planning regular meetings for the learning area that will enable the success of the schools goals specifically for teaching and learning
- Planning regular meetings for the Department that will enable the success of the College Strategic Plan and priorities, specifically for teaching and learning in Art
- Arranging for the Minutes of meetings to be circulated to attendees and Deputy Principal, Primary Education ELC to Year 6, Head of Junior School Operations, Head of Student Care and Wellbeing and the Head of Curriculum and Pedagogy
- Representing the Junior School Art Department when required at whole school meetings and information evenings
- Ensuring College Policy is adhered to across the Art Department
- Undertaking any additional responsibilities and duties as designated by the Deputy Principal, Primary Education ELC to Year 6
Download the complete job description here: Junior School Art Teacher
How To Apply
Download and complete the application form Application for Employment, and attach your covering letter and CV, including references (optional), copies of university transcripts and the names and telephone numbers of three confidential referees, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post.