PLC is a leading ELC to Year 12 Christian independent day and boarding school with a focus on the development of the whole person that includes an outstanding academic tradition, an international outlook and strong pastoral and co-curricular programs.
We are seeking an innovative and passionate Japanese Teacher who has the ability to teach across Years 7 to 12 VCE/IB. Commencing Term 1 2022, this is a part time (0.6 FTE) ongoing role with a possibility for additional hours.
The Japanese Teacher will work closely with a highly accomplished team of Japanese educators who are focused on creative and reflective development of curriculum and outcomes for our students. Reporting to the Head of Japanese, the successful applicant will have demonstrated experience in:
- fostering student passion, interest and excellence in Japanese language
- creating a learning environment that engages all students in the learning process and catering for diverse abilities and learning styles.
- working with members of the Japanese teaching team to plan and deliver units of work and related assessments
- actively contribute to a broad range of College activities
- integrating Japanese culture into teaching
You will be an experienced Japanese teacher who thrives working in a collaborative, high performing school culture. Outstanding classroom teaching skills and the capacity to set challenging and achievable learning goals for your students will be critical to your success in the role. You will have excellent speaking skills and experience in a diverse range of writing and communication coupled with a willingness to learn new pedagogy. A proficiency with IT and preparing online materials will be important. Relevant teaching qualifications and current VIT registration is essential.
PLC celebrates diversity and inclusion within our School community. The ideal candidate will represent a positive role model for young women, be able to relate well to students, colleagues and parents, and be committed to the integrity and Christian ethos of the College. All staff must commit to a culture that supports and embraces Child Safe Standards.
Download the complete job description here: Japanese Teacher
- Download and complete the application form “Application for Employment” from the PLC website.
- Prepare a comprehensive letter outlining your suitability for the role, as well as your resume and relevant academic transcripts.
- Email all of these documents to the Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications close 5pm, Friday 1st October 2021.