Human Resources Manager
Presbyterian Ladies' College Melbourne is a leading ELC-Year 12 Christian independent school for girls offering both the VCE and International Baccalaureate.
PLC has an outstanding academic tradition, an international focus and strong pastoral and co-curricular programs focusing on encouraging leadership, service and life-long personal development and learning.
An excellent opportunity for an experienced HR Manager, who will thrive working in environment with smart, purpose-driven individuals who have a desire to make a positive impact within our College.
A full-time, ongoing position, the HR Manager is responsible for partnering with College leaders across the full spectrum of Human Resource Management including workforce planning, performance and management, employee relations, HR policies and procedures, learning and development, employee engagement and change.
The role is also responsible for recording, reporting and managing HR compliance to minimum legal standards, ensuring a responsive HR Service is provided to Senior School, Junior School, and Early Learning Centre leaders and staff, assisting in Enterprise Bargaining and HR technology improvement, and leading HR projects aligned to the PLC Strategic Plan.
Key responsibilities include
- Work with College leaders, team and individuals within the People, Culture & Strategy function to provide expert HR guidance and a seamless HR service experience
- Manage the employee lifecycle process from onboarding to exit
- Provide proactive and timely solutions for employee relations concerns and confidential HR matters
- Support the Director People, Culture & Strategy in EBA negotiations and meetings
- Lead the development of workforce and succession plans
- Monitor HR metrics, analyse trends and create HR reports to identify and implement solutions, programs and policies
- Lead the annual performance management cycle of general staff
- Assist in the implementation of new HR Systems and lead continuous improvement in HR technology and systems
- Work closely with leaders and staff to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention
You are a degree qualified HR Manager with experience leading whole-of-organisation HR change projects and achieving outcomes. You will have experience managing an end-to-end HR services function, working knowledge of employment law framework, awards and enterprise agreements, and will bring a consultative, collaborative and service-oriented work style.
You are able to execute and deliver on a range of HR projects underpinned by your excellent communication, interpersonal and project management skills.
All staff must commit to a culture that supports and embraces Child Safe Standards. The successful candidate will be required to hold a current Working with Children Check for Employees.
Download the complete position description here: Human Resources Manager
How To Apply
- Download and complete the application form ‘Application for Employment' from the PLC website.
- Prepare a comprehensive letter outlining your suitability for the role, as well as your resume and university transcripts
- Email all of these documents to the Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Tuesday 24th August, 2021