History and English Teacher
Presbyterian Ladies' College Melbourne is a leading ELC-Year 12 Christian independent school for girls offering both the VCE and International Baccalaureate.
PLC has an outstanding academic tradition, an international focus and strong pastoral and co-curricular programs focusing on encouraging leadership, service and life-long personal development and learning.
PLC is seeking to appoint a passionate and proficient History and English Teacher with the ability to teach across Years 7-12 History and English. The position will commence Term 1 2022.
Collaboration is an important aspect of this role. The incumbent will work closely with a highly accomplished team of educators who are focused on creative, reflective development of curriculum and outcomes for our students. The History and English Teacher will have excellent knowledge of current practice through AITSL standards. PLC is a school focused on the purposeful and curious pursuit of knowledge and understanding, guided by accomplished staff.
Reporting to the Head of History and Head of English, key responsibilities include:
• Fostering student passion, interest and excellence in History and English
• Creating a learning environment that engages all students and caters for a diverse range of abilities and learning styles
• Collaborating with members of the History and English teams to plan and deliver of creative and interesting units work and related assessments
• Build upon your personal and professional development in History and English education and pedagogy
You will demonstrate a passion and enthusiasm for the teaching and learning of History and English with the ability to successfully plan and implement well-structured learning and teaching programs. Your outstanding classroom teaching skills and ability to set explicit, challenging and achievable learning goals will be critical to your success. An ability to contribute to a team of highly accomplished teachers and have a proactive approach to students, peers, parents and members of the wider community will be highly valued.
All staff must commit to a culture that supports and embraces Child Safe Standards.
Download the complete job description here: History and English Teacher
How To Apply
• Download and complete the application form Application for Employment from the PLC website.
• Prepare a comprehensive letter outlining your suitability for the role, as well as your resume and university transcripts
• Email all of these documents to the Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Applications close 5pm, Friday 17th September