PLC is a leading ELC to Year 12 Christian independent day and boarding school with a focus on the development of the whole person that includes an outstanding academic tradition, an international outlook and strong pastoral and co-curricular programs.
PLC is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and passionate Teacher of History in a part time fixed term position for Terms 3 & 4, 2022.
Reporting to the Head of History, you will:
- be experienced in teaching History from Years 7 to 10
- demonstrate the ability to work within and contribute to a team, particularly in the context of planning units of work and related assessments
- be passionate about the teaching and learning of History
- create a learning environment that fosters a love of learning History, encouraging each student to engage in the learning process
- ensure personal and professional development is ongoing and keep abreast of curriculum initiatives in History secondary education.
All staff must commit to a culture that supports and embraces Child Safe Standards. The successful applicant will be required to hold and maintain a valid Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) registration.
Download the complete job description here: History Teacher
How to Apply
- Download and complete the application form Application for Employment - Academic Staff
- Prepare a comprehensive letter outlining your suitability for the role, as well as your resume and university transcripts.
- Email all of these documents to the Principal at email@example.com
- Applications close 5pm Monday 30 May 2022