Strong Foundations — Amazing Futures
Head of Christian Studies - Closes 29 May
We invite applications from qualified and experienced Christian Studies teachers for the following full-time position to commence Term 3, 2019.
This position offers an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified person who has an active involvement in their Church, a heart for the Christian Gospel and an ability to lead and develop the Christian Studies program.
The Head of Christian Studies is responsible for the Christian Studies curriculum from Years 7 to 12 and works closely with the Director of Christian Ministries (DCM) and Student Ministry Coordinator in supporting and encouraging Christian activities across the school.
The Head of Christian Studies will also support the Junior School Christian Education Teacher in their role. The Head of Christian Studies will be expected to actively support the Christian Ministry Programs at the College.
The ability to teach in another academic department is essential.
- be an excellent teacher of Christian Studies
- be able to teach in another method
- have current VIT Registration
- have a qualification in theological studies
- have excellent leadership skills
- create a learning environment that fosters trust and respect, and encourages each girl to engage in the learning process
- demonstrate an ability to work and plan cooperatively with staff
- support and be engaged with the wider College community activities
- ensure that documentation is in accordance with College requirements
- be able to relate well with students and colleagues
- have excellent communication and presentation skills
- be competent in applying Information Technology to administer and facilitate learning
- have an understanding and appreciation of the issues facing teenagers today
- be an active member of their own Church community
- actively live out their faith in their daily interactions with students, staff, parents and the wider school community.
Download the complete job description here: Head of Christian Studies
How To Apply
Download and complete the application form Application for Employment, and attach your covering letter and CV, including references (optional), copies of university transcripts and the names and telephone numbers of three confidential referees, and email to email@example.com.