Strong Foundations — Amazing Futures
Early Learning Centre Early Childhood Co-Educator - Part-time, Fixed-term - Closes 28 August
We invite applications for the following position in our Early Learning Centre, commencing 20 January 2020.
A minimum early childhood Diploma qualification is essential. Early Childhood Teacher graduates are welcome to apply.
The Early Learning Centre operates for 48 weeks each year, closing for 4 weeks during the Christmas vacation. Full-time positions offer 12 Rostered Days Off per year and 5 weeks Annual Leave.
Early Childhood Co-Educators are required to support the Early Childhood Teachers during term times and be responsible for a reduced number of children enrolled during the school holiday periods.
An interest in the Reggio Emilia approach would be viewed favourably.
Applicants must have a current Working With Children’s Check, Anaphylaxis Management Certificate, Emergency Asthma Management Certificate and First Aid Certificate prior to commencement.
- work with Early Childhood teachers and other staff in monitoring and recording the development of individual children
- work with Early Childhood teachers and other staff in implementing and evaluating plans for the children's program
- carry out the tasks which are important for the care and provision of a safe and healthy environment for children
- inform parents about the children's care and educational program and the Centre's operation
- encourage parents' interest and facilitate their involvement in the Centre
- support parents in their parenting responsibilities
- work co-operatively with other staff in all aspects of their work within the Centre
- participate in staff development, including appraisal and training opportunities
- ensure that the Head of Early Learning is informed about all aspects of the position
- maintain a healthy, safe and welcoming environment
- follow housekeeping practices which ensure that equipment is maintained at an optimum level and the Centre is kept orderly and presentable
- attend to any other duties required by the Head of Early Learning
Download the complete job description here: Early Learning Centre Early Childhood Co-Educator - Part-time, Fixed-term
How To Apply
Download and complete the application form Application for Employment, and attach your covering letter and CV, including references (optional), copies of university transcripts and the names and telephone numbers of three confidential referees, and email to email@example.com.