Early Childhood Co-educator
Presbyterian Ladies' College Melbourne is a leading ELC-Year 12 Christian independent school for girls offering both the VCE and International Baccalaureate.
PLC has an outstanding academic tradition, an international focus and strong pastoral and co-curricular programs focusing on encouraging leadership, service and life-long personal development and learning.
PLC is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, passionate and experienced Early Childhood Co-educator in a full-time, ongoing position commencing Tuesday 19th January 2022.
The Early Learning Centre provides exceptional early childhood programs for children from 6 months to school age.
The Early Learning Centre operates for 48 weeks each year, closing for 4 weeks during the Christmas vacation. This position offers 5 weeks annual leave (includes Christmas holiday period and College shut down days) and 12 Rostered Days Off per year.
Early Childhood Co-educators may be required to support and work alongside the Early Childhood Teachers during term times and be responsible for a reduced number of children enrolled during the school holiday periods. An understanding of the Reggio Emilia approach to Early Childhood Education would be viewed favourably.
Key responsibilities include:
- working with Early Childhood teachers, room leaders and other staff to plan, implement, assess and evaluate a high quality and diverse educational program based on the VEYLDF and EYLF frameworks
- working with Early Childhood teachers, room leaders and other staff in observing and recording the development of individual children
- actively supporting every child to participate in the program ensuring that children’s agency and interests are promoted
- ensuring that all practices are in accordance with the National Quality Framework and reflect the philosophy, policies and procedures of the ELC
- implementing effective health and hygiene practices, including meeting all early childhood regulations relating to medical management plans, risk management plans, policies and procedures
- carrying out the tasks which are important for the care and provision of a safe and healthy environment for children
- informing parents about their children’s care and educational program and the Centre’s operation
Applicants must have the following qualifications prior to commencement:
- Early Childhood Diploma or Early Childhood Teacher
- Working with Children’s Check (Employee) or VIT Registration
- Current First Aid Certificate (HLTAID004) or (HLTAID012)
Early Childhood Teacher graduates are welcome to apply.
All staff must commit to a culture that supports and embraces Child Safe Standards.
Download the complete job description here: Early Childhood Co-educator
How To Apply
- Download and complete the application form ‘Application for Employment - Academic Staff’ from the PLC website.
- Prepare a comprehensive letter outlining your suitability for the role, as well as your resume and university transcripts.
- Email all of these documents to the Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications close 5pm, 15 September