Classical Voice Teacher - Closes 20 August
We invite applications from dynamic, enthusiastic and experienced singing teachers with energy and vision, for this one day per week position, commencing at the beginning of Term 4. This casual position has the potential to increase to a second day.
The successful applicant will be a dynamic music educator with a proven record of excellence in teaching both classical repertoire and musical theatre. They will be required to teach individual voice lessons in the Junior and Senior School as well as take part in the Co curricular Music Program of the College.
It is expected that the successful applicant will demonstrate a thorough understanding of the pedagogical principles of both general music education and more specifically, vocal health and voice training. Choral conducting experience would be viewed favourably, but is not essential to the position. An understanding of Estill Voice Training (CFP or attendance at a Level 1 & 2 Course) would be an advantage.
- hold either a Graduate or Postgraduate study of music, or equivalent teaching/performing experience
- demonstrate a high level of competenence as an innovative Voice Teacher – beginner to advanced (Diploma) level with experience teaching both classical voice repertoire and musical theatre.
- demonstrate high quality teaching skills which enable students to reach their full potential
- be able to work well under pressure, be flexible and manage a number of competing demands
- demonstrate commitment to a quality music program and the development / growth in student numbers learning classical voice
- have the ability to develop constructive relationships with students which engender positive attitudes to learning
- show demonstrated willingness to explore the use of technology in the teaching of music
- demonstrate highly developed skills on chosen instrument (as part of the interview process, candidates may be asked to perform a short work)
- have a current Working With Children Check for Employees
Download the complete job description here: Classical Voice Teacher
How To Apply
Download and complete the application form Application for Employment, and attach your covering letter and CV, including references (optional), copies of university transcripts and the names and telephone numbers of three confidential referees, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.