Clarinet Teacher - Closes 13 March
We invite applications from dynamic, enthusiastic and experienced clarinet teachers with energy and vision, for a full time ongoing position commencing at the beginning of Term 2, Tuesday 23 April 2019.
The successful applicant will be a dynamic music educator with a proven record of excellence in both teaching and performing. They will be required to teach both group and individual clarinet lessons in the Junior and Senior School as well as take part in the co-curricular Music Program of the College.
It is expected that the successful applicant will demonstrate a thorough understanding of the pedagogical principles of both general music education and more specifically, clarinet playing and teaching.
Conducting skills and experience leading wind bands would be viewed favourably, but is not essentail to the position.
- hold either a Graduate or Postgraduate study of music
- demonstrate a high level of competenence as an innovative Clarinet Teacher – beginner to advanced (Diploma) level
- demonstrate leadership potential demonstrate high quality teaching skills which enable students to reach their full potential
- have the ability and experience in leading clarinet and woodwind specific ensembles from beginner to advanced. Good conducting skills would be advantageous
- be able to work well under pressure, be flexible and manage a number of competing demands
- demonstrate commitment to a quality music program and the development / growth in student numbers learning the clarinet
- have the ability to develop constructive relationships with students which engender positive attitudes to learning
- show demonstrated willingness to explore the use of technology in the teaching of music
- demonstrate highly developed skills on chosen instrument (as part of the interview process, candidates may be asked to perform a short work)
- have a current VIT or Working With Children Check for Employees
Download the complete job description here: Clarinet Teacher
How To Apply
Download and complete the application form Application for Employment, and attach your covering letter and CV, including references (optional), copies of university transcripts and the names and telephone numbers of three confidential referees, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org